Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Addison Lee 3 Month Update



Our little baby is three months old already! How can this be?? It seems like just yesterday I was holding her for the first time. These three months have brought a lot of learning moments as a new mom.  Here are a few things I have learned:

  1. A baby can cry for hours for absolutely no reason.  It's heartbreaking and mind numbing.
  2. You will hurt more than your baby will when she gets shots at the doctor.
  3. How on earth a baby can poop outside of her diaper and all over her clothes but not have anything inside of her diaper, I will never know.
  4. Baby's fingernails grow faster than anything else in life.  I swear I give manicures daily. 
  5. The mom bun is life!
  6. The two minute shower is real.
  7. If you are a mom to young children and can wash your hair everyday, then you are a miracle worker.
  8. I will never sleep again.
  9. My heart has never been more full.
By growing for three months, a baby learns a lot too! Here are some things Addison has learned:
  1. She can recognize her Mommy and Daddy and gives us a big smile!
  2. She knows that a bib = time to eat!
  3. She rocks her tummy time and has been rolling over from tummy to back.
  4. She loves sitting up in her bumbo seat like a big girl.
  5. She has recently discovered her voice and babbles to us all the time.  I know she is going to be a chatter box!
Because I know I am going to get asked about it, I have tried out a TON of baby products over the past 3 months. and these are the top ten for 0-3 months!
  1. FisherPrice Rock N Play: This is really great for the newborn stage because it keeps them at an incline (for those reflux babies) and makes them feel snuggled and secure.  Plus it rocks and plays music.  We attached a hanging toy to ours and it keeps Addison's attention long enough for me to wash bottles or throw a load of laundry in.
  2. Halo SleepSack Swaddle: Addison got her arms out of every swaddle blanket, no matter how secure I thought it was! This sleepsack swaddle 2-in-1 saved us and got Addison to sleep longer stretches at night without being awaken by her Moro Reflex.
  3. Halo Bassinest: This thing is a lifesaver! After giving birth, the last thing you want to do is get out of bed during those night feedings.  The Halo Bassinest swivels right up next to the bed and has a flexible side that allows you to easily get baby in and out.  It also vibrates and has a night light that is wonderful to use in the middle of the night.
  4. Baby Bling Baby Headbands: I really love these soft headbands.  They come in hundreds of colors and they are the only ones I have found that don't leave marks on baby's head.  Plus they are super stretchy and will still fit as baby grows.
  5. Boon Lawn Drying Rack: I didn't know how much I loved this thing until we went away for the weekend and didn't bring it with us! It keeps bottles and their parts upright so they dry out completely.  There's lots of adorable accessories that you can add too!
  6. Baby Bum Diaper Cream Brush: Because diaper rash cream under your fingernails is not a fashion statement.
  7. Dr. Brown's Bottles: I love these bottles! They do have a lot of pieces, but the vent inside that keeps the gas away is amazing! This set comes with a bottle brush and a bottle warmer too, which are both helpful. 
  8. Maxi Cosi Mico Max 30 Car Seat: A carseat should be chosen based on safety, and I personally loved the safety reviews on this one.  An added bonus is that it comes in tons of colors and it is the only carseat on the market that allows you to throw all the padding in the washer and dryer to clean!  Even with using a wet liner, I've had to wash the padding twice already due to baby blowouts!
  9. Baby Jogger City Premier Stroller: I use my stroller daily and this one is light and super easy to open close. It has a super smooth ride, has adapters available for most carseat brands, and doesn't break the bank like some strollers do!
  10. PB Kids Soothing Sounds Elephant: This sound machine is super soft and can attach to anything.  Addison loves to listen to white noise and it helps her fall asleep at home and when we are out and about.
Mamas, what other baby and toddler products are your favorite? I am always on the lookout for new fun products to try out!



No comments:

Post a Comment