Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Christmas at the Biltmore Estate + New Year's Resolutions





Sweater // Denim // Boots // Scarf // Beanie // Bag

Happy Tuesday! The photos from this blog post were taken during our trip to North Carolina.  One of the days we were there we ventured to Asheville and visited the Biltmore Estate.  It was such a beautiful place and I definitely recommend going if you ever have the chance.  The views were remarkable and the Vanderbilt mansion was imaginably gorgeous, especially decorated for Christmas!
Today is the first day back to school with all my prek babies back in the classroom, and the first week back in grad school. I am missing the mountains and the cool air from North Carolina, but I have to admit, I really missed the kids during Christmas break! Today was full of stories about their time off of school and what they got for Christmas, and we even made New Year's resolutions (most of which are hilarious...oh to have the goals of a preschooler).  

I have decided to share a few of my New Year's resolutions with you, in hopes that (1.) it will inspire you to set attainable goals for yourself, and (2.) this might give me some accountability to stick to them! 

  1. Cook More Often: I love cooking, but absolutely hate cleaning up the mess! This year, I am going to try to cook new, healthier meals for Josh and I and eat out a lot less!  If you have any recipe ideas for us, please post them in the comments so I can try them out!
  2. Travel: I love to travel, and there are many places on my list to travel to.  This year, I am going to stop talking about going, and just take off! I have already started on this resolution by booking two trips already for this year: Washington D.C. in March, and Dallas in September!
  3. Blog!: I am going to shoot for 2 blog posts a week! I love blogging and sharing my experiences with you all and I am going to try and be more frequent in doing that!
  4. Grow deeper in Christ: In 2016, I read the entire New Testament by following a devotional book written by the lead pastors at our church.  Through time with God each day, I found myself a lot more at peace throughout my daily life and I found myself to be a much better wife and partner to Josh when trying my best to love him in the way Christ loves us.  I am going to continue pursuing my quiet time each day by reading my newest daily devotional book, The Confident Woman Devotional, and other Christ-centered novels.  I love reading, and if you have any great books to recommend, please let me know!
 Ok so this blog post is really long! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic week!

xoxo,
Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment