Friday, April 27, 2018

Addison's 6 Month Schedule

Hey guys! I hope you all are having a fabulous week.   I am battling vacation mode as the end of this school year is already on the horizon! How did that happen so fast?? I am looking forward to summer beach days, time spent with my little family on vacations, and no daily agendas! This summer will be much different than those in the past with little Miss Addison joining me this year.  I'm sure I will be up much earlier and definitely to bed much earlier, but I am looking forward to this summer more than any other before!

Addison has always been a schedule kind of girl. When she was a newborn, I let her ease into life and create her own schedule and just stuck to it so that she began to know what to expect on a daily basis.  When it came to sleeping through the night, Addison slept through the night by 4 months old, which made this mama very happy! I always followed the same bed time routine, no matter what.  That way, Addison knew exactly what to expect and became accustomed to her bedtime routine and was able to wind down and fall asleep easily and peacefully. Today I am sharing our bedtime routine for all of my new moms out there who are struggling to get their babies to sleep.  I was there just a few months ago, and I was constantly searching the internet and asking other moms how to beat the bed time battle.

Our bedtime routine typically begins at 5:00pm, when Addison eats her supper. She eats and talks my ear off while I coordinate some sort of meal for Josh and I.  Soon afterwards, she gets to have some time to play with Daddy when he gets home! While they are playing, that gives me time to finish up supper for Josh and I. While we eat, Addison sits with us at the table in her high chair and plays with toys. One of the most important things to me is our time together as a family at the table during this time.

After supper, bath time commences. Our house slows down quite a bit during this time and we try to make it a relaxing place so that Addison is able to wind down in time for bed. I usually give the bath and Josh does her baby massage with our favorite lotion, a new diaper, and puts on her jammies and her HALO SleepSack. He then gives her a nighttime bottle around 7:00pm and I read her a story in her room afterwards.  By this time she is usually fighting to keep her eyes open so we give her a kiss goodnight and place her in her crib for the night, where she usually sleeps peacefully until I wake her up the next morning.

One of my favorite aspects of her sleep routine is the HALO SleepSack.  As a new mom, I have so much I worry about, and safe sleep (thankfully) is not one of them.  With the HALO SleepSack, I never have to worry about a blanket that could end up covering her face at night, or getting kicked off, causing her to be cold.  I love the dual zipper design on the platinum edition because it makes diaper changes so easy without the need to take the entire blanket off.  Just unzip from the bottom, change, and back to bed!

You can also check out this video for more information!

Thank you HALO Innovations for sponsoring today's post. 

xoxo,
Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment